Coach Information & Resources
Senior coach: Grant Stanley – 0467 344 758
Junior Vice-President & Milo Co-Ordinator: Dylan Sherriff – 0406041003
U10s coach: Jack Clarey – 0452418986
U11s coach: Adam Bell – 0448840002
U12s coach: Paul Baird – 0413116555
U13s coach: Craig Robinson – 0433764252
U15s coach: Greg Newman – 0449811235
U17s coach: Luke Denham – 0466210992
If you are interested in helping out with one of our junior teams (e.g. as team manager or assistant coach), please contact our junior vice-president Dylan Sherriff 0406 041 003.
To be an effective coach; (1) know your mission, (2) plan and (3) communicate well and build rapport with your players.
We would welcome inquiries from any parents considering being involved with their child’s team in any capacity (coach/assistant coach/manager/scorer/helper). Coaching is a very satisfying activity and one we will assist you with – many hands make light work. We will guide you through your education and cover any costs associated with attending any of the more advanced courses you wish to attend. With your involvement, we all become better.
The Level 0 coaching course can be undertaken for free online at http://community.cricket.com.au/coach/.
The Level 1 coaching course involves a day of practical instruction from 9am to 4pm. The courses are held periodically – we can provide more information on dates/locations on request.
All junior coaches must hold a current Blue Card (applications available from https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/applications/applications.html).
Please talk to our junior vice-president Dylan Sherriff 0406041003 regarding positions for next season.
HELP FOR THE JUNIOR COACH
Our coaching philosophy at the Hawks Cricket Club is aligned with the BACK TO BASICS teachings of Queensland Cricket.
Check out the following link for some ideas for training drills:
- To develop consistent batting performance, coach: (1) basic grip & balanced stance; (2) developing routines; and (3) positive footwork and advancing to spin.
- To develop consistent spin bowling performance, coach: (1) alignment; (2) spin the ball; and (3) hitting against the spin.
- To develop consistent pace bowling performance, coach: (1) core & leg stability; (2) run up; and (3) tight gather.
- To develop consistent fielding performance, coach: (1) low body height; (2) throwing program of technique & volume; and (3) hand-eye catching volume.
- To develop consistent wicketkeeping performance, coach: (1) leg & core strength; (2) catching with head over hands; and (3) hand-eye catching volume.
- Advanced skills cannot be developed until the most basic skills are mastered.