Coach Information & Resources
2021/22 Senior Coaching Staff:
Head Coach – Jack Lickiss 0421 022 237
Senior Vice-President: Shawn Riddell – 0457 875 308
Junior Vice-President: Sam Lickiss – 0413 503 353
2021/22 Junior Coaches:
U17 + U15 Coach – Connor O’Brien – 0421 247 395
U14 Coach – David O’Donnell – 0405 130 040
U13 Coach – David O’Donnell – 0405 130 040
U12 Coach – David O’Donnell – 0405 130 040
U11 Coach – David O’Donnell – 0405130040
Master Blasters U10 Coach – David O’Donnell – 0405 130 040
Junior Blasters Coordinator – David O’Donnell – 0405 130 040
If you are interested in helping out with one of our junior teams please contact our club president David O’Donnell – 0405 130 040
To be an effective coach; (1) know your mission, (2) plan and (3) communicate well and build rapport with your players.
We would welcome inquiries from any parents considering being involved with their child’s team in any capacity (coach/assistant coach/manager/scorer/helper). Coaching is a very satisfying activity and one we will assist you with – many hands make light work. We will guide you through your education and cover any costs associated with attending any of the more advanced courses you wish to attend. With your involvement, we all become better.
The Level 0 coaching course can be undertaken for free online at http://community.cricket.com.au/coach/.
The Level 1 coaching course involves a day of practical instruction from 9am to 4pm. The courses are held periodically – we can provide more information on dates/locations on request.
All junior coaches must hold a current Blue Card (applications available from https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/applications/applications.html).
Please talk to our junior vice-president Shawn Riddell – 0457875308 regarding positions for next season.
HELP FOR THE JUNIOR COACH
Our coaching philosophy at the Hawks Cricket Club is aligned with the BACK TO BASICS teachings of Queensland Cricket.
Check out the following link for some ideas for training drills:
- To develop consistent batting performance, coach: (1) basic grip & balanced stance; (2) developing routines; and (3) positive footwork and advancing to spin.
- To develop consistent spin bowling performance, coach: (1) alignment; (2) spin the ball; and (3) hitting against the spin.
- To develop consistent pace bowling performance, coach: (1) core & leg stability; (2) run up; and (3) tight gather.
- To develop consistent fielding performance, coach: (1) low body height; (2) throwing program of technique & volume; and (3) hand-eye catching volume.
- To develop consistent wicketkeeping performance, coach: (1) leg & core strength; (2) catching with head over hands; and (3) hand-eye catching volume.
- Advanced skills cannot be developed until the most basic skills are mastered.